Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mike just ran 75 miles in 7hrs, 52min. That's on pace for a 12hr 100 miler... Holy buhjeebus. The leg that Kelly is using is called the "J Leg." It is badass, but not as badass as the wearer. There's a swarm of some kind of ground wasp near the spot where we're camped out. While I was telling this to an organizer, an entomology professor just happened to be standing there, filling water buckets. He assured me they weren't a threat so long as we didn't piss them off. The assortment of fashions on display is quite entertaining. My favorite so far is a purple skort with ruffles. Only one runner so far in bareshoes - the 'ol vffs. Lots of Hokas. Speaking of shoes, I'm thinking this is going to be an entirely shoe-free birthday for me - the path feels great! If I step on a rock, it just sinks. "It's not about you," says Iris in a practical manner. True, but it's my birthday. We'll see what the night brings.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. These people impress me. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw Kelly around mile 9. She's a beast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photo link from morning @ AS#2
    http://photobucket.com/U10012

    ReplyDelete